Importance of syncing Salesforce data with Helpdesk
Every organization strives to meet two important goals while handling customer support and relationship.
1. Unifying Customer related Information across systems
When organizations use Salesforce along with a help desk software, it is critical for customer-related information like accounts, contacts, and cases to be closely knit in a single place.
2. Reducing the gap between Sales and Support
Challenges in syncing data between your Helpdesk and Salesforce
1. Limitations of plugins and native integrations Typical integrations with Salesforce involve standard objects and solutions for specified custom objects. With newer custom objects and additional business rules coming in, it takes additional time to expand the capabilities of existing native integrations. Adding to it, installing a plugin in salesforce involves an elaborate process requiring skill and knowledge.
2. Adapting to changing requirements: As business processes rapidly change, it is getting harder for organizations to adapt their integration solutions to suit their current needs. For example, the data from a newly created ticket’s custom fields may have to flow to Salesforce. Or new objects may be created in Salesforce which needs input from your helpdesk during certain events.
3. Lack of process automation: With different teams looking to automate their routine actions, automating actions across multiple systems is becoming crucial. Whenever a particular event occurs in Salesforce, the ability to initiate actions in your helpdesk (eg. HappyFox Help desk, Zendesk, etc) would be largely beneficial. On the contrary, when events occur in your helpdesk, you may need to trigger actions in Salesforce. This capability for syncing data and also blending it with multi-step process automation is much sought after.
Using HappyFox Workflows to automate actions and to achieve Salesforce integration
HappyFox Workflows can be used to sense key events that happen in the helpdesk and trigger a workflow. The triggered workflow can automate a sequence of actions in Salesforce. Alternatively, updates in Salesforce can trigger a set of activities in the Helpdesk, ensuring robust data integration.
1. Setting up the trigger on meeting the business condition
The first step is to configure your helpdesk system to sense the business condition and trigger a workflow on meeting it. Below is an example using HappyFox Helpdesk. A Smart Rule is configured to look for a business condition (a ticket in a particular category) and trigger a workflow to create a corresponding case instance in the Salesforce app.
2.Automating a sequence of actions in Salesforce
When the business condition is met, it triggers a workflow. HappyFox Workflows can be leveraged to perform multiple actions in Salesforce. Using, HappyFox Workflows for Salesforce, you could create or update any Salesforce object with information from the helpdesk. Actions across all objects like Salesforce leads, accounts, cases, and custom objects can be automated.
Below is a view of how a series of actions are automated in Salesforce. This workflow searches for a contact, then creates a new case in Salesforce and establishes case-mapping with the original ticket.
Use Case for data sync between Salesforce and HappyFox Helpdesk
Consider a use case where whenever tickets are created and they meet a business condition in HappyFox Helpdesk, a corresponding case object is created in Salesforce. Then, whenever the ticket is updated in Helpdesk, the updated ticket properties and the conversations need to flow into the case object in Salesforce.
Tickets being created and updated in HappyFox Helpdesk
Cases being created and updated with ticket information and replies, in Salesforce
Benefits of Workflow Automation with HappyFox Workflows
1. Two-way sync between systems With HappyFox Workflows for Salesforce, you could ensure all required data is in sync between systems in near real-time. Data can flow from your helpdesk to Salesforce and vice-versa. Once the data is synced, it can be further modified in the respective systems
2. Control when to sync data As a business user, you can initiate workflows when you want them to act. With the ability to configure business rules and conditions, you have total control over the way in which your integrated solution works.
3. Experience unified data in Salesforce Integrate information from multiple systems like HappyFox Helpdesk, Zendesk, and more and view all information in a unified manner in Salesforce. Also, business users begin to see data from accounts, its mapped contacts, and their related contact support information in one view in Salesforce.
4. Flexibility in expanding the scope of integration With HappyFox Workflows, you could use the simple drag-and-drop workflow builder to expand your growing business needs and set up customized integrations without any dependency.
5. Process Automation and Standardization By leveraging HappyFox Workflows, you could standardize your organizational processes to ensure compliance and consistency. You could build your own automation scenarios to reduce the valuable time of your sales and support teams.
6. No plugin installations required You could experience the easy onboarding of your integration scenario using HappyFox Workflows. Within minutes you can get started building your workflow in a hassle-free manner.
HappyFox Workflows can transform the way you use Salesforce and its integrated systems. Step up your automation journey and realize business value at an exponential scale.
Sign up for a demo for HappyFox Workflows to learn more.