Do you automatically receive emails before calendar events begin? Have you ever come across electronic toll-collection system, on toll roads to detect and processes tolls electronically? Do you have a vacuum cleaner that cleans your house using dirt detection? Well, all this is nothing but automation.
As more and more firms strive to incorporate automation as a part of their daily operations, the market for workflow automation has expanded tremendously in recent years.
Why should you automate your tasks?
When it comes to automation, the benefits are clear. Although the development of your workflow automation may require the assistance of professional employees, once it is set up and functioning, your system should be nearly self-sufficient—saving time and money for the entire organization. Reduced ticket volume and improved process optimization are obvious benefits. Find more benefits of help desk automation below:
- Improve Customer Satisfaction – Customer satisfaction improves when issues are resolved quickly and with fewer interactions.
- Standardize Processes – Industry best practices in support and audits can be carried out with ease with a powerful automation tool in place.
- Faster Response Time – With automation doing all the grunt work, customers experience an increase in First response time and First Contact Resolutions (FCR). They need not wait around for trivial issues to get resolved, resulting in a satisfying user experience.
- Enhance Productivity – With automation at the helm, support agents can concentrate on what matters most: providing excellent customer service.
How can you start automating your task?
The potential for automation is vast. Automating repetitive tasks, administrative work, and any manual task with a consistent pattern is possible. But where do you even begin with automation? Here is a list of suggested steps to help you understand how to begin automating your tasks:
- Identify the repetitive tasks – To get started with automation, you must first identify the tasks that are taking up your time. Make sure you involve a good sub-set of stakeholders who will actually benefit from this automation. Examine these tasks to see if they are repetitive or if there is a pattern that can be automated. Smart Rules are always on the lookout for changes being made to tickets. So as a support agent, you’d never have to spend time performing manual, repetitive actions on tickets ever again.
- Check how the task can be automated – Brainstorm what your automation will solve and how. Now that you know which tasks must be automated, the next step is to figure out how to automate them. Define your own trigger conditions and automate repetitive help desk tasks! In the service desk, you can automate entire workflows across modules to ensure that no change or event is missed.
- Choose the right automation tool – One of the most important aspects of choosing to automate is to find the right workflow automation tool to support your business needs. But what constitutes a good workflow tool? One that is intuitive, integrates with third party systems, and is easy to build. Workflows that are goal-oriented can help you streamline business processes without any developer dependencies. One such tool is HappyFox Workflows that is flexible, powerful, yet simple. One such tool is HappyFox Workflows that is flexible, powerful, yet simple. Learn more about HappyFox Workflows and Business Process Management here.
- Demonstrate the automation to your stakeholders to remove all blind spots – Before you’re ready to publish it to all, ensure your collaborators are satisfied with how the automation works. Are the right tasks being created, is the email being sent correct and etc. Make sure your team tests each possible flow. In fact – try scenarios to break the automation. More often than not, you’d find some good feedback to incorporate. Only then do you get a bulletproof design.
- Go Live – Initially, keep a close eye on your process and check with end users to confirm if their expectations are met. Fine tune and tweak your workflow if needed or just simply keep an eye out for changing requirements.
Book a HappyFox Workflows demo to transform your service desk processes with automation workflows.