Does your ITSM have an automation element? Surveys report that password resets alone contribute to 41% of IT tickets. As the capabilities of service desk automation expand, companies that are early to embrace the change will thrive while those that resist change will struggle to keep up. Plus, they will miss the opportunity to free up their IT support personnel from mundane tasks for more worthwhile and creative work.
Top Service Desk Automation Ideas
Eliminating the need for a service desk agent to track and assign incoming tickets is a great time-saving opportunity. You can deploy intelligent auto-assignment and routing algorithms to auto-assign tickets to the right agents or teams. A Happyfox customer operates across multiple regions and systems, with requests streaming through various channels. After using HappyFox Workflows, they are seeing tangible automation benefits every day. They say:
When automation succeeds
“We now use effective automation rules to route and qualify the tickets received, which allows our specialists to focus on what is vital in every interaction.”
The automation workflows are defined to trigger webhooks when a specific event occurs in a ticketing system. By freeing up your agents’ time by automating their manual ticket actions, you are enabling them to focus on the real deal — nurturing customer relationships.
You need not stop with ticket assignments, though. You can automate intricate manual processes like directly adding ticket responses or making ticket changes when replying to a customer via email. Follow-ups can be time-consuming and daunting. You would need to be on the lookout for any changes that happen in the ticket cycle and pause what you’re doing to make the required action. With Smart Rules and Notifications, you can automate the most pressing follow-up actions in IT help desk software and improve the response times.
- Auto-send responses to users when a ticket satisfies a preset condition.
- Close or archive aging service requests to trim the ticket queue using time-based rules.
- Auto-update employees about the status of IT asset management and onboarding.
- Escalate overdue tickets to comply with service level agreements (SLA).
- Create multiple approval workflows to connect stakeholders and speed up the approval processes.
- Track and visualize vital KPI metrics with real-time automated reporting.
- Get notified of everything that happens in a ticket and act without any delay.
Monitoring SLA compliance and violation is a crucial benefit of automated workflows. You need not wait until a ticket gets escalated or goes unresponded longer than the ideal duration. You can automate such important alerts with SLA-based conditions. Help desk automation helps you gain complete visibility and control over your IT service desk functions.
All tickets are equally important, but not equally urgent. You can streamline support tickets accordingly and give your IT teams an understanding of what tickets should they address immediately, and what can wait.
In the absence of priority assignment and SLA monitoring, your support team would have to read through the entire ticket content to assess the urgency. Even then, they could potentially miss ticket resolutions that are nearing escalation.
IT Process Automation offers a host of possibilities that go beyond ticket automation. You can perform activity-based or scenario-based automation, i.e., make a bunch of updates to the ticket at a single click. You might be aware of the incident management and change management concepts. All of these concepts refer to an organization’s activity to identify, analyze, decide, and correct a particular aspect of the business. This could be a long process involving multiple team members, multiple steps of action, and many approval delays.
You can come up with business-specific rules to automate these processes so that when you are ready, you can run them flawlessly without any errors and also optimize the service delivery.
Why You Should Try HappyFox Workflows
Service desk automation is a long time coming — you’re missing out on a lot if you don’t have one. But it’s easy to get started with HappyFox Workflows, where you get to benefit from:
- No-code builder: Build your process automation visually without writing any codes.
- Intuitive interface: Let your business end-users learn and adopt the system with total ease.
- Analytics and dashboards: Track your automation efforts and improve service quality and support agent productivity.
- Integrated apps: You need not restrict automation to your platform. Connect data across a number of platforms and apps.
- Flexible architecture: Let your workflows evolve seamlessly with your needs with an easy-to-mold architecture.
Book a HappyFox Workflows demo to transform your service desk processes with automation workflows.