With an intuitive user interface, you can build your own complex workflows with absolutely no code to automate your support process. Be it IT services, E-commerce, Healthcare or the Education industry, HappyFox Workflows can help you automate repetitive and key customer support workflows with ease.
You can also build multi-step workflow automation with different actions to be executed in a sequential manner.
Are you looking for inspirations on which processes you can automate with HappyFox Workflow management software? We have listed down 8 workflow examples below for you:
1. Assign Tasks for New Employee Onboarding Process
“If the subject line of a ticket contains the phrase ‘New Hire’, Trigger a workflow to automatically set hiring tasks on the ticket.”
- A new employee onboarding workflow can be achieved by creating a Smart Rule to trigger a webhook from HappyFox when the subject line contains the phrase “New Hire”.
- Trigger workflow using the unique Webhook URL associated with each workflow.
- 1st Action (in workflows): Create tasks using the task template “Employee Onboarding”.
- 2nd Action: Create a related ticket in the IT category to intimate on the new hire.
- 3rd Action: Create Onboarding IT Tasks under the newly created ticket in the IT category.
2. Read Incoming Emails and Capture Fields
“Parse Incoming Email/Ticket message to extract text from the body of the Email and automatically update custom fields.”
- For tickets that have a templated message body, you can teach workflows to read and extract text from the email.
- You can assign these extracted strings to variables and assign them to custom fields on the ticket. This helps you report on these fields, create queues, use in notification templates or for further automation using these auto-populated custom fields.
3. Automatically Create Related Tickets
“Automatically create related tickets in Accounting, Human Resources, IT Services, and Program Managers categories, when a ‘Project Initiation’ ticket is created.
- Trigger a webhook to the workflow management system using Smart Rules. The SmartRule should trigger when a ticket containing ‘Project Initiation: ‘ in the subject line is created by the Project Manager.
- Set up a workflow to automatically create related tickets like ‘Map Resources to the Project’, ‘Associate Assets to the Project’, ‘Prepare Budget’, ‘Intimate Stakeholders’, ‘Draft a business plan’ in the relevant categories and assign to various team members.
create similar workflows for all Business Process Management requirements like initiating Expense Claims, Managing Content Marketing projects, etc.
4. Automatically Merge Duplicate Tickets
“When multiple server alert email notifications are triggered for the same server, identify the existing open tickets and merge them into one ticket”.
Let’s say you have associated your Server Alert notifications to create tickets in HappyFox, and you have a custom field called ‘Server Name’ to capture the name of the server. Now, if you receive a second ‘Server Down’ notification while you are already working on an open ticket for the same server, set up a new workflow that can identify that there is an existing ticket for the same server and auto-merge the new ticket to the existing ticket.
5. Automatically Relate Tickets based on External Triggers
“Automatically relate multiple server alerts sent from your monitoring system, using message body or ticket fields.”
- For all tickets created in the Server Alerts category, trigger a webhook upon ticket creation.
- Set up a workflow to catch this hook and identify the server name based on the info provided in the body of the email or using ticket fields.
- Filter for open tickets with the same server name using workflows, and automatically relate the tickets.
Auto-relating tickets make it easy for you to mass update and close all tickets at once.
6. Automatically Decrement Available Support Time for Contact Group
“Each time a ticket is moved to Closed status, decrement the ‘Available Support Time‘ value automatically from the associated Contact Group.”
- Set up a webhook to the workflow system, to be triggered upon moving the ticket to ‘Closed’ status.
- Set up a workflow that automatically identifies the contact group linked to the ticket’s contact and subtracts the available time by the total time spent on that ticket.
7. Automatically Reply and Close Repetitive How-To Questions
“If ‘Request Type’ field is set to ‘Forgot Password’, auto-respond to the ticket using Canned Action ‘Forgot Password’ and close the ticket.”
- Setup a Canned Action with steps to recover password, and also set the status in Canned Action to Closed.
- Now, create a smart rule to trigger workflow if Request Type is Forgot Password.
- Set up an automated workflow to Add a reply to the ticket using the canned action ‘Forgot Password’.
- You can also directly compose the message in Workflow, without using Canned Action.
8. Create a Parent-Child Relationship between Tickets
“If parent ticket is closed while related children tickets are still open, re-open parent ticket and add private note ‘Cannot close parent ticket until all related tickets are closed.'”
Use two workflows to achieve this:
- For the same IT project management example above (#3), you can also have a text custom field called ‘Relationship’. You can automatically set the custom fields as ‘Parent’ for the ticket manually created and as ‘Child-
’ for the automatically created children tickets.
- Now, if parent ticket (Ticket ID: 100) is moved to “Closed” status, check if related tickets of Child type (filter pending tickets with Relationship field value Child-100) are still open.
- If yes, workflows can reopen the parent ticket and add a private note to intimate why the ticket was reopened.
We hope these workflow examples inspired you to build your own workflows.
We have written a more elaborate article on how to create approval request flows for simple BPM like vacation requests to more complex business rules like change management using Approval Workflows with actual workflow steps.
Do you want to know more? Book a demo today to see HappyFox Workflows in action!