In order to provide exceptional customer service, you offer live chat customer support.
Now your customers have another option of getting in touch with you and getting the help and support they need. However…
You still channel most of your customer support requests through other means – whether it be through email, social media, or even good old snail mail. After all, these other customer support systems offer better value and better service, don’t they?
The truth is live chat is by far and away is the best format for real-time customer support. This “one format to rule them all” offers several benefits and provides a higher level of customer satisfaction that other methods can’t offer. But don’t take my word for it – there are plenty of statistics that support live chat’s superiority. So here are 20 benefits of live chat for customer support backed by data.
Customers Love Live Chat
1. 73% of customers are satisfied after using live chat, higher than any other form of customer support such as email, telephone, or social media.
2. 44% of customers reported that having a live person answer their questions during an online purchase was one of the essential features that a website could offer.
3. While making an online purchase, 83% of customers needed live support for assistance.
4. 94% of customers proactively invited to chat were somewhat or delighted with their live chat experience.
5. 90% of customers find live chat helpful overall.
Live Chat Increases Sales
6. 62% of customers were (more) inclined to purchase products online if live customer support is available.
7. 38% of customers have said that they have purchased due to a good live chat session itself. The sales team can also utilize live chat for interacting with website visitors and closing deals.
8. The availability of live chat assistance has been found to decrease sales cart abandonment by up to 30%, which increased sales.
Live Chat Creates Customers
9. 63% of customers reported that they are more likely to return to a site that offers live chat.
10. Live chat is cost-effective
11. Live chat reduces the number of live calls, which is better for business since live chat agents can support multiple chats but not multiple phone calls. Some businesses reported up to a 70% deflection rate from phone support to live chat.
Live Chat Is Quick and provides Competitive Advantage
12. 79% of respondents in one survey said they preferred live chat because they received quick answers.
13. 60% of customers said that they hated waiting longer than a minute. A reply takes on average only 23 seconds for a live chat agent to respond, and only 46 seconds to solve a customer’s problem.
14. 45% of US consumers will abandon an online transaction if their questions or concerns aren’t addressed quickly.
Live Chat benefits For E-Commerce
15. Site navigation: Confused shoppers might need help finding a specific item. If they can’t find an item, customer service agents can proactively offer assistance.
16. Product details: Customers can ask a live agent how an item functions or holds up with wear. Live chat can be an excellent opportunity to facilitate an up-sell when it suits the customer’s needs.
17. Coupons and free shipping: Bring back hesitant shoppers or cart abandoners to offer perks for completing a transaction.
Live Chat Improves Products And Service
Bill Gates said, ‘Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
Live chat puts this idea to work by logging sessions, which allows customer service agents to communicate and act on any pain points. Gathering information about pain points from customers leads to innovation. Improve customer service, customer experience, or product design when you know what to fix.
18. FAQ ready: Known pain points can easily become an FAQ tab if solutions exist or are difficult to find.
19. Customer profiles: Live chat allows customer service representatives to have a full customer profile, which allows agents to simplify, contextualize, and customize interactions.
20. Gather data: These customer profiles help customer service, marketing, and sales departments to gather demographics data to optimize the sales funnel further.
With customer service, expectations are everything. By implementing live chat, you’ll still beat many of your competitors and impress your clientele. You will save time, money, and, most importantly, keep your website visitors happy. It’s a no-brainer.